Tuesday 31 March 2009

Level Up

Thoughts on first year and ideas for the second....

Well admit-ably the first year of game art for me hasn’t gone how I thought it would of, that’s not to say it went badly necessarily. Its definitely had its ups and downs. Having no labs to work in for the first 7 weeks stopped me being able to see the software side of the course which I was really interested in seeing. Also so I don’t know whether it was miss interpretation or just me but I got the wrong idea with the blogs as I thought they were just going to be personal things each week not assignments, me I hate writing as it is but I was slightly annoyed at this oversight. However in the end I’ve found them rather enjoyable learning things I never even knew so they were a good help, just a problem when it comes to time management with them.
All the rest though I’ve found really brilliant, some experiences I was reliving like blind contour drawing (shudder) but all the same an enjoyable course, I wish however my bad time management hadn’t effected me so making it harder for me then it should of been.

Second year though even more to talk about really, what’s in store, well hopefully me reorganising myself will lead to a much more productive year as well as me improving on the skills we’re using, however to improve next year’s experience I’d really like to see and do more group activities, this I think would help improve many people’s way of thinking and broaden their creativeness through brainstorming and development, fun to. I’d like to do more 3d sculpture assignments in different mediums as well like the paper and wire projects we got at the beginning of the year. Also much appreciated would be more trips out as a group and more lecturer, one to one, time, as I feel we don’t do enough of that each week.

I believe those ideas entwined with the successful parts used in year one can make the course an even better, more enjoyable and educational course.

No comments: