Tuesday 31 March 2009

My future

Where do I want to go..

Right ok before you start reading further I suggest you read the link I found first on cognitive reflection and decision, because this may sound weird but it’s pretty much how I’m always thinking, not that sophisticated but there on a more social level.

To explain that I’m one of those people who’s destiny it seems to be to see or hear every scenario imaginable happen in life to a person whether it be through me or my friends. By the scenarios I mean love, events, jobs, etc literally everything. I’ll then think about every possible solution I know of or can create to deal or solve the scenario at the best approach, tends to be why a scenario of life changing proportions approaches me I take great time and care in making a decision on how to go to and through it.


So best to start really as to how I came to the decision at doing game art at DMU. I’d never really thought about what I wanted to do as a career until second year college just did what interested me and that I enjoyed. Love art so chose that path of destiny. Anyway originally I thought about doing animation, I enjoyed doing it and the endless possibilities of what I could create. Enjoyed the important word hear. After the years of hearing my parents moan about how much they hate their boring jobs that their now stuck with, poor them, I decided I wanted to do a job I was interested in and would enjoy so anything creative was really on the table for me.

I came onto the DMU game art course because I got a great impression from the beginning about it. Well run, educational and importantly something I’ve an interest in.

Now where do I go from here? Good question. I’ve an interest in both sides of the course concept and 3d modelling, I’ve liked the idea of character designing and creating things realistically that don’t exist since I was eight. So it can go many ways for me really and in a time like this economically beggars can’t be choosers. In either case I want to develop my skills and learn new ones either side of the spectrum, progress and make things more effectively. In the end I may choose a preferred path to go down but for now I’d rather look at all the scenarios and solutions......

..........that includes looking at people who I’d like to work for or with for that matter. For now I’m sticking .

No comments: